Norwich Swan end drought with Norfolk junior title
Norwich Swan celebrated their first league title in 30 years at the final� of the Norfolk Junior League season.
Swan competed against Great Yarmouth, Little Fish, City of Norwich and Dereham Otters at Wymondham Leisure Centre for the Copeman Cup – and a junior league that dates back to 1979.
The 12-year-old girls' category was dominated by Swan, where Laura Marzolini and Ellie Ronan claimed two wins each.
Charlie Grisley continued Swan's winning ways, claiming first in the 50m butterfly for 12-year-old boys, closely pressed by Mark Chaney-Baxter (City of Norwich).
The two rivals battled it out in the 100m individual medley with Chaney-Baxter finally edging ahead on the freestyle leg to claim the victory.
In the 11-year-old age group, Norwich Swan girls showed their strength in depth. Newly promoted from the B team, Georgia Folkard justified her selection by storming home to win the 50m butterfly, recording a new personal best.
Rachel Robinson fought hard to hold off Amelia Driver of Great Yarmouth in the 50m freestyle, but lost out at the touch to Dereham's Amy Clarke.
- 1 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Vicar at heart of bitter church row resigns
- 4 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 5 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 6 Princess Anne receives warm welcome at Royal Norfolk Show
- 7 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 8 Traffic easing on first day of Royal Norfolk Show after earlier delays
- 9 Five-bed farmhouse with attached orchard and glamping site for sale
- 10 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
Will Grisley (Swan) forged ahead to win the 25m butterfly and after an epic struggle with Fraser Ryan (Dereham) in the 50m breaststroke, Grisley lost out by one hundredth of a second.
Peyton Ewbank was a double winner in the events for 10-year-old girls, touching ahead of Clarissa Burwood of Great Yarmouth in the 50m breaststroke and outclassing the field in the 25m butterfly to clock a personal best.
Trailing behind City of Norwich by a point with 12 races left, important second places from Ellie Bickerton-Jones and Nathan Mitchell plus six relay victories saw Swan finally end their long wait to clinch the league title.