Norwich’s Town Close pupils take national athletics honours
Three pupils from Town Close Prep School represented the East Area at the National Prep Schools Athletics Championships, held at the Alexander Stadium in Birmingham – and they did not just turn up; they brought home medals too.
Abby Gooderham is the new under-12 girls' national javelin champion thanks to an impressive throw of 20.78 metres.
Thomas Huckerby delivered in the long jump, taking the under-12 boys' title with a jump of 4.55m.
Huckerby also came sixth in the under-12 boys' 1,500m with a time of five minutes three seconds.
Ben Dugdale finished ninth in a strong 100m field, clocking 14.58s.
You may also want to watch:
'We are very proud and delighted as the pupils' hard work has paid off,' said Mark Woods, head of physical education and activities at Town Close House.
'We always ask our pupils to do their best and this is the case with them. All pupils have very bright futures ahead of them.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police