Norwich’s Town Close pupils take national athletics honours
Three pupils from Town Close Prep School represented the East Area at the National Prep Schools Athletics Championships, held at the Alexander Stadium in Birmingham – and they did not just turn up; they brought home medals too.
Abby Gooderham is the new under-12 girls' national javelin champion thanks to an impressive throw of 20.78 metres.
Thomas Huckerby delivered in the long jump, taking the under-12 boys' title with a jump of 4.55m.
Huckerby also came sixth in the under-12 boys' 1,500m with a time of five minutes three seconds.
Ben Dugdale finished ninth in a strong 100m field, clocking 14.58s.
You may also want to watch:
'We are very proud and delighted as the pupils' hard work has paid off,' said Mark Woods, head of physical education and activities at Town Close House.
'We always ask our pupils to do their best and this is the case with them. All pupils have very bright futures ahead of them.'
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st