Norwich’s Jack Utting delivers swim records
UEA City of Norwich swimmer Jack Utting has broken a British age group record in the pool at Sportspark.
The 13-year-old from Great Yarmouth set a new mark for the 13-year-old boys' 100 metres backstroke.
Utting secured his best ever time at the ASA East Region Age Group Championships, which were held at the Norwich pool earlier this month.
Head coach Alex Pinniger said: 'Jack has had his eye on this record all season. He is a talented swimmer, works very hard to utilise his talent and he thoroughly deserves this record.
'Great Britain has had some fantastic backstrokers come through the age groups so this record is special.
You may also want to watch:
'Jack is a link swimmer with us at Norwich and credit must also go to Great Yarmouth Swimming Club and coach Garry Jarvis who has coached Jack from an early age.'
The young swimmer's new mark is one minutes 1.29 seconds – his previous long course best stood at 1:03.22.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Jack turned at halfway in 29.82 and had a strong second length before an excellent finish.
The record is subject to the necessary ASA application procedures.