Norwich miss out on promotion to EAPL
Norwich's cricketers missed out on promotion to the East Anglian Premier League when they were beaten by five runs by Suffolk side Woolpit in their promotion play-off.
Woolpit, winners of this year's Two Counties Championship, will take the place of relegated Halstead in the EAPL in 2013.
The home side won the toss and decided to bat and reached 245 for nine in their 50 overs, Dudley Spiers making 97 and Andy Northcote 66, with Norwich skipper Chris Borrett taking three wickets for 31.
In a nail-biting finish, Norfolk Alliance champions Norwich were bowled out for 240 in reply in 49.2 overs.
Frankie Sutton made top score of 42, Ashley Watson 40, Nathan Shearer 39 and Chris Sutton 32. Leading all-rounder Mike Jones took three for 39, and Northcote three for 52.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich were relegated from the EAPL in 2011 but must now wait at least another year in their bid to return.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 7 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 10 Former village pub for sale as home