Norwich Iceni clinch championship title after undefeated year
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Iceni have won all their play-off games to be crowned national champions after a superb inaugural season.
The Iceni have won all 17 of their games, including a quarter final, semi final and final match on route to the title and are the only team, nationally, to remain undefeated in 2017.
Chairman Michael Smith said: 'On the playing side, this season has gone better than we could ever have imagined. Hopefully people can see that we are building a successful club that they want to be a part of.'
Last Sunday the Iceni played a tough final against Guildford Millers winning 16-12. Pitching ace Adam Ray threw another gem before Chris Bell closed out the final two innings.
Center fielder Tom Thornhill and powerhouse first baseman Phil Walmsley both hit inside the park home runs to bolster the Iceni score to 16.
You may also want to watch:
It was the first game all season for the Iceni that lasted the full nine innings.
After such a successful first year, the team looking to advance into the next division of British Baseball, Double AA.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 10 Former village pub for sale as home
Over the off season, the club will be looking to bolster its ranks with more ballplayers looking to give America's growing pastime a go.