Norwich hopefuls meet British tennis star Laura Robson in talent search final
- Credit: Archant
Two tennis stars of the future beat over 900 other children to reach the final of Virgin Active's 'Search for a Tennis Ace' nationwide talent search.
Eleanor Tomkinson, seven, from Aylsham and Lawrence Williams, seven, from Norwich reached the final of the competition, judged by British tennis player Laura Robson, LTA Head of Performance Tennis Simon Jones and Virgin Active's Simon Pearson.
They were put through their paces by the judging panel in a series of exercises to test their agility, hand eye co-ordination and racquet skills.
Laura Robson said: 'I feel incredibly privileged to have been part of this process to find the next tennis ace of the future, and would like to extend my sincere congratulations to Eleanor and Lawrence for getting to the finals.
'They both did incredibly well to get this far, and both Eleanor and Lawrence showed great potential.
You may also want to watch:
'I wish them both luck for the future.'
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit