Norwich Dragons ahead four times - but only take a point


- Credit: Archant

Norwich Dragons were held to a frustrating 4-4 draw by visitors Bromley and Beckenham in the Premier Division – after being ahead four times.

Dragons took the lead after Sophie Mullan converted a penalty corner won by Stacey Lee, only for Bromley to equalise. Hannah Phillips then made it 2-1 from a tight angle but it was 2-2 at the break.

The second period followed exactly the same pattern, with Dragons going ahead twice only for their visitors to hit back, with their fourth goal coming from the final play of the game. The home goals came from a penalty corner conversion from Phillips and a fine individual effort from Aoife Lowe-Davies.

Already relegated Norwich City lost for the 16th time in 20 matches when they went down 3-1 at St Albans II.

Dereham hit the goal trail at Colchester in Division 1N, winning 5-2 to keep alive their hopes of a top-three finish.

You may also want to watch:

Their excellent start was rewarded when Grace Cresswell scored with a superb strike from a tight angle. A second goal came soon after when captain Becca Colman followed up on her own reverse strike while Becky Loveday made it 3-0 before the break.

Colchester hit back twice in the second half but Dereham made it safe with late goals from Cresswell and Colman.

Most Read

They remain just a point behind Harleston Magpies II who won 1-0 at Lowestoft to keep the Suffolk side looking over their shoulders in the battle to avoid the drop.

Dragons II came away from high-flying City of Peterborough with a 3-3 draw - but it might have been even better. With youngsters Charlotte Pounder and Esme Potter both making their debuts at this level, Dragons were 2-0 ahead at the break with Donna Vaughan scoring from a short corner and Laura Ward on target from open play.

Peterborough pulled one back early in the second half, only for Dragons to score again through Ward's fifth goal in two games, but the hosts piled on the pressure after that and netted twice to seal a point, leaving Dragons needing to win their final two games to stand a chance of staying up.

The top-of-the-table battle in Division 2NE ended all square with already promoted Watton and UEA drawing 2-2.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter