Young Norwich City striker Jamar Loza linked with loan move to Swindon Town
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Swindon Town have reportedly enquired about taking young striker Jamar Loza on loan from Norwich City.
Canaries boss Neil Adams revealed he had received several loan enquiries for his young players last week, but no deals have yet been confirmed, with Adams wanting to ensure the clubs under-21s remain strong.
BBC Wiltshire suggest Swindon are one of the clubs interested in 19-year-old Loza, who has so far been capped twice at international level with Jamaica.
That follows an injury blow for the League One side which has ruled striker Jon Obika out for around 12 weeks with a shoulder problem.
Loza was handed his debut on the final day of last season, coming on as a 58th-minute substitute in a 2-0 defeat to Arsenal, following loan spells with Coventry and Leyton Orient in League One and Southend in League Two.
He has scored just one senior goal so far, for Southend, but has been a consistent scorer for City's U21 development team in recent seasons and scored a hat-trick in a recent 5-0 thrashing of Leicester in the Barclays U21 Premier League.
Loza also started the Canaries' 3-1 win against Crawley in the second round of the Capital One Cup and came on as a substitute in the third-round defeat at Shrewsbury last week.
The striker was not used in the U21s' 2-0 loss at Southampton last night although Jacob Murphy, who has been linked with a loan move to Preston North End, did play.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 6 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 10 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
• City's Championship home game against Bolton Wanderers has been brought forward a day.
The match will be played at Carrow Road on Friday, October 31, kicking off at 7.45pm for coverage on Sky Sports.
Initially the game was due to be played at 5.15pm on Saturday, November 1, but has been switched with Brighton's televised match at Bournemouth.
The Football League asked for the switch to be accommodated to allow Brighton a fair amount of recovery time from their Capital One Cup fourth round game at Tottenham on Wednesday, October 29.