Young Canaries hoping to end long search for a win against Villa
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Under-23s will try to bring an end to a run of 13 matches without a win when they take on Aston Villa at Colney this evening.
The young Canaries lost 4-3 at Reading on Monday in Premier League Two, with Anthony Spyrou scoring a brace and fellow forward Adam Idah also on target.
That took the duo's goal tally to eight apiece for the campaign but leaves David Wright's young squad second from bottom in Division Two, seven points clear of bottom club Sunderland.
Academy manager Steve Weaver stressed in a recent interview that individual development is being given priority over results and league position but the youngsters now haven't won since beating Newcastle 2-1 at Colney in September.
The match is a 7pm kick-off but supporters wishing to attend, with the training ground's new stand now open, are encouraged to car share and check the club's advice for U23 attendance due to limited parking because of ongoing building work.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 7 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 First patients receive Covid jabs at Norfolk's new mass vaccination centre