Young Canaries hoping to end long search for a win against Villa
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Under-23s will try to bring an end to a run of 13 matches without a win when they take on Aston Villa at Colney this evening.
The young Canaries lost 4-3 at Reading on Monday in Premier League Two, with Anthony Spyrou scoring a brace and fellow forward Adam Idah also on target.
That took the duo's goal tally to eight apiece for the campaign but leaves David Wright's young squad second from bottom in Division Two, seven points clear of bottom club Sunderland.
Academy manager Steve Weaver stressed in a recent interview that individual development is being given priority over results and league position but the youngsters now haven't won since beating Newcastle 2-1 at Colney in September.
The match is a 7pm kick-off but supporters wishing to attend, with the training ground's new stand now open, are encouraged to car share and check the club's advice for U23 attendance due to limited parking because of ongoing building work.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 4 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 9 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend