Which position is the priority for Norwich City to strengthen during the January transfer window?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
With almost a third of the January transfer window already elapsed, Norwich City supporters are still waiting for the club's serious business to begin.
One new player has arrived – but with an eye very much on the future. Icelandic 16-year-old Agust Hlynsson was signed from Breidablik and went on to make his debut for City's under-18s in their emphatic FA Youth Cup victory at Burnley on Friday night.
There have not yet been any senior arrivals however, with manager Alex Neil recently re-emphasising that the Canaries will need to sell before they can buy, as they continue to make financial adjustments to life outside the Premier League.
However, the only exit so far has been the return of young left-back Harry Toffolo to League One promotion chasers Scunthorpe, renewing his loan deal until the end of the season.
As ever in transfer windows, it seems City are waiting on the English football merry-go-round to pick up speed.
Robbie Brady is being linked with big-money moves to Crystal Palace and Leicester but the Republic of Ireland international is yet to leave.
Out-of-favour youngster Sergi Canos has also been linked with a potential move to Brentford, Bristol City or Leeds.
It seems a return to former loan club Brentford is the most likely option for the 19-year-old Spaniard but the Bees are in the midst of negotiations for a reported £12m deal for highly-rated striker Scott Hogan with West Ham, which would potentially free up the funds to bid for Canós.
You may also want to watch:
With potential signings seemingly on hold, speculation about who could join City this month has been limited, so today we're asking which positions you think are most in need of strengthening.
Cast your vote in the poll above and leave your suggestions for players the Canaries could target in the comment section below.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 5 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 6 Man and woman found dead in home
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 9 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 10 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland