What is the mood of the Norwich City nation ahead of derby day?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have held the bragging rights over their bitter East Anglian rivals Ipswich Town for a number of years - but is that in danger of ending on Sunday at Carrow Road?
The Canaries have thumped their near neighbours home and away over the past seven sweet meetings and ended their Wembley hopes in 2015 on the way to a memorable Championship promotion triumph.
Who can forget Grant Holt's mocking laughter at Portman Road in 2011 or the scenes on the final whistle at Carrow Road when City sealed a first return to Wembley since 1985. The year of Steve Bruce and a thrilling League Cup semi-final tussle between the clubs. But there have also been some low blows. Bryan Gunn's calamitous error in 1996 and some heavy defeats on Suffolk soil.
City need another victory to revive fading promotion hopes in this current campaign. Ipswich appear to have allayed any fears of being dragged into a late relegation battle, albeit star man Tom Lawrence is suspended for the latest duel, but rival bosses Alex Neil and Mick McCarthy have both had to deal with a support unhappy at the direction of travel over recent months.
We have compiled a video timeline of some of the most memorable meetings in the past 30 years, but what is the prevailing mood amongst the Canary Nation ahead of Sunday's midday shoot-out? Can Neil's depleted squad win again or is this finally the game when Ipswich end a wretched run stretching back to April 2009?
You may also want to watch:
• Watch the video timeline and then cast your vote for the option that best sums up your mood ahead of derby day.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp