West Ham winger Matt Jarvis joins Norwich City on loan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have secured a late deadline day signing after confirming that winger Matt Jarvis has joined from West Ham United on a season-long loan.
The 29-year-old, who has been capped once by England, has previously played for Gillingham and Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Jarvis has scored six times in 90 matches for the Hammers, after joining from Wolves for a reported record fee of £10.75m in 2012.
The tricky wide-man played for England in a 2011 friendly against Ghana at Wembley but has not featured since. He began his career at Gillingham, playing 122 matches before a five-year spell at Wolves, where he made 387 appearances in all competitions – including in excess of 100 in the Barclays Premier League – and scored 43 goals.
So far this season Jarvis had made eight appearances for Slaven Bilic's team, five coming in Europa League qualifiers and the other three as a substitute in the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
The Hammers confirmed the deal in a statement on their official website, saying: 'The club wishes Matt the best of luck at Carrow Road this season.'
Jarvis will not be able to play against his parent club when they host the Canaries in the league later this month, due to Premier League loan rules, with Alex Neil's side due to visit the Boleyn Ground on Saturday, September 26.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 9 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
With the Hammers having not yet played in the Capital One Cup yet, he will however be available for City in the third round of the competition when West Brom travel to Norfolk on Wednesday, September 23.
Jarvis has scored at Carrow Road previously, in a losing cause in March 2012 when Wolves were beaten 2-1 in the top flight.
Are you pleased to see Jarvis join the Canaries? Leave your comments below.