West Ham United U18 3, Norwich City U18 2
The young Canaries' stirring second-half comeback was not enough to stop West Ham winning a five-goal thriller in the FA Premier Academy Under-18 League at Little Heath.
For City, triallist Ryan Fryatt was given the task of marking Paul McCallum, the Hammers' new signing from Dulwich Hamlet.
After 17 minutes, City 'keeper Remy Matthews saved a long-distance effort from Hall, and minutes later Sam Habergham was forced to clear off the line twice in succession.
Matt Ball shot into the side netting for Norwich before West Ham took the lead after 25 minutes. Turgott sped away on the right before nipping the ball inside to Hall, who clipped it over Matthews.
Hammers 'keeper Wootton saved from Ball before it was 2-0 in the 34th minute, Hall setting up Fanimo for a cool finish.
You may also want to watch:
City pulled a goal back after 54 minutes when Jack Werndly attacked from the left and the ball found its way to Brindley, whose fierce low drive took a wicked deflection to wrong-foot Wootton.
Hall and McCallum went close for West Ham before Werndly brought a fine save out of Wootton. But it was 3-1 after 67 minutes when Fanimo sped away on the left and linked well with substitute Lee, whose effort was parried away by Matthews, but McCallum followed in to net from a few yards.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
Wootton denied Ball again before City reduced the arrears after 80 minutes.
Werndley was again involved as the ball was worked well inside the West Ham penalty area for substitute Kelly to score from 10 yards.
• Norwich City Under-18: Matthews, Jones, Gordon, Clunan (Dobbs), Fryatt, Habergham, Brindley, Dawkin (Kelly), Werndly, Ball, Oakley.
City man of match: Fryatt.