West Ham Under-21s 2, Norwich City Under-21s 0
City's development team were beaten 2-0 in Friday night's Barclays Under-21 Premier League match at West Ham.
Prior to kick-off at Rush Green the Canaries were level on points at the top of the league with both the Hammers and Arsenal, who themselves had succumbed to defeat at Rush Green just one week ago.
After 10 minutes, Matthias Fanimo broke down the left and found Dan Potts on the overlap who floated a cross to the near post where Rob Hall sent a looping header over Declan Rudd.
City nearly levelled when Aaron Tumwa's header was cleared off the line by Callum Driver, and in the second half Ewan McNeil denied the Hammers when he stopped George Moncur's effort on the line.
Pelly Ruddock scored West Ham's second on 90 minutes, turning in the box before firing into the corner past Rudd.
You may also want to watch:
• Norwich City Under-21: Rudd, McNeil, Tumwa, Durojaiye, Gafaiti, Sheriff, Jacob Murphy, Hamilton (Barker, 82), Loza, King (Clunan, 65), Josh Murphy (Hall-Johnson, 82). Subs (not used): Steer, Morris, Barker.
• West Ham Under-21: Spiegel, Driver, Potts, Moncur, Chambers, Spence, Powell (Ruddock, 55), Lletget, McCallum, Fanimo, Hall.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
Subs not used: Lee, Baxter, Tombides, Wearen.