West Ham Under-21s 2, Norwich City Under-21s 0
City's development team were beaten 2-0 in Friday night's Barclays Under-21 Premier League match at West Ham.
Prior to kick-off at Rush Green the Canaries were level on points at the top of the league with both the Hammers and Arsenal, who themselves had succumbed to defeat at Rush Green just one week ago.
After 10 minutes, Matthias Fanimo broke down the left and found Dan Potts on the overlap who floated a cross to the near post where Rob Hall sent a looping header over Declan Rudd.
City nearly levelled when Aaron Tumwa's header was cleared off the line by Callum Driver, and in the second half Ewan McNeil denied the Hammers when he stopped George Moncur's effort on the line.
Pelly Ruddock scored West Ham's second on 90 minutes, turning in the box before firing into the corner past Rudd.
• Norwich City Under-21: Rudd, McNeil, Tumwa, Durojaiye, Gafaiti, Sheriff, Jacob Murphy, Hamilton (Barker, 82), Loza, King (Clunan, 65), Josh Murphy (Hall-Johnson, 82). Subs (not used): Steer, Morris, Barker.
• West Ham Under-21: Spiegel, Driver, Potts, Moncur, Chambers, Spence, Powell (Ruddock, 55), Lletget, McCallum, Fanimo, Hall.
- 1 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 2 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 3 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 6 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 8 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 9 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
- 10 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
Subs not used: Lee, Baxter, Tombides, Wearen.