West Brom’s dressing room turmoil does not interest Norwich City’s Chris Hughton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Chris Hughton is not banking on reaping the benefits from any turmoil inside the West Brom dressing room ahead of Albion's crucial Premier League visit.
Baggies' officials have spent the past few days taking the heat out of an alleged physical assault on Saido Berahino from his team mate James Morrison following the England Under-21's starlet error in last weekend's 3-3 home draw against Cardiff. The highly-rated striker opted to launch a counter-attack rather than retain possession deep in stoppage time at the Hawthorns, but Hughton feels that will have little impact on proceedings at Carrow Road.
'It is something which doesn't concern me. That is another camp,' he said. 'You could turn it around and say it shows a level of passion and how much they care, but what concerns me is how we go about our own business to get a result.
'It is not uncommon you will have disagreements or arguments on the pitch, in the dressing room or the training ground.
'You can speak about that incident in the last few seconds of a game and the impact it has but in theory there is no difference if it happens just after half-time - it could still be the goal and the mistake that costs you the game. That is why managers always reflect on goals conceded and if you concede a soft one you know the danger. That is what makes football so exciting but also so frustrating.'
You may also want to watch:
City skipper Russell Martin, meanwhile, revealed he had been in changing rooms prior to joining Norwich where frustration had boiled over.
I have seen that in a dressing room a couple of times. Not here,' he said. 'Tensions sometimes boil over and when I have seen it, it is has happened and then you move on. You can't afford to hold grudges in football. It is not personal in the dressing room. I can't comment on what has happened there.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
I am not sure physical fights happen too often in dressing rooms. I can't comment what is happening in their dressing room and we don't know what effect it will have.'