Wes Hoolahan is getting better with age at Norwich City
- Credit: PA
Wes Hoolahan is getting better with age - so says the man himself.
Norwich City's talisman signed up for two more years earlier this summer that should see him clock up a decade of service at Carrow Road, but the 34-year-old insists he feels as good as ever.
'It only seems like yesterday that I first joined the club,' he said. 'The years have flown by, hopefully these next two might drag a bit longer. When I first came here I was still learning but you get to play with better players and managers and the older you get you actually learn how to play the game a little bit better.
'Maybe it's just experience and adapting my game, but also looking after myself a bit more. I'm probably even more determined as well after last season, along with the team, to put it right and get back to the Premier League. That is where we want to be.
'Hopefully I can keep going for these next two years. My body feels good, I am working hard in the gym and looking after myself, the legs feel alright and I feel fit and strong. There are a lot of games in this league so it is up to the gaffer whether he wants to rest me at the right times for a game or two. I want to play as many games as I can.
'You can't let yourself get too far ahead, you have to work hard and then perhaps at the end of your career you can look back and reflect on what you did and how much the fans appreciate you.'
Hoolahan had no hesitation in extending his Carrow Road career.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 3 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
- 4 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 5 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 6 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 7 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 8 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 9 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 10 Highway obstruction closes part of A1151 near Wroxham
'To be honest I only had one option once Norwich said they wanted to offer me a new deal,' he said. 'It has been fantastic, a few ups and downs, but more ups and it would be great to get back in the Premier League. I know a lot of people here, my family is settled and it's a great club to be at. I am looking forward to these next two years.