We’ve chosen our Norwich City Man of the Match against Blackburn - now it’s time for you to vote for yours
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Which Norwich City player performed the best in the 2-2 Championship draw against Blackburn? Let us know by casting your vote in the poll on this page.
Given the build up brought Alex Neil's demise as Norwich City manager and effectively an acceptance from the top the Championship play-offs are now beyond reach, you could almost forget a game of football did break out at Carrow Road.
Mitchell Dijks' red card for a lunge on Marvin Emnes levelled the playing field and forced Alan Irvine's squad to play effectively 80 minutes a man light. City were pierced twice in the space of seven second-half minutes, but showed character to hit back.
Cameron Jerome's purple patch continued with his sixth and seventh goals in the last nine games. Ivo Pinto shrugged off an early injury scare to prove his commitment to the cause. The Portuguese full back also burst into the Blackburn penalty area before unleashing a stinging drive against the outside of Jason Steele's post.
Jonny Howson and Alex Tettey had to cover plenty of extra ground to fill holes and deny Rovers more sights of Michael McGovern's goal. There was also some fleeting moments of promise from the Murphy twins in a game played out against a frankly bizarre backdrop of barely concealed frustration at times from the home support over a season which nosedived from that promising opening weekend hammering of Blackburn.
You may also want to watch:
Our Norwich City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, could not look beyond Jerome, who has added goals to his weekly work rate of late and was in the right place to earn the Canaries some tangible reward for their efforts.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder