We’ve chosen our Norwich City Man of the Match against Derby County - now it’s time for you to vote for yours.
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Which Norwich City player performed the best in the 1-0 Championship defeat at Derby County? Let us know by casting your vote in the poll on this page.
No question more attitude and fighting spirit but frankly the same end result merely leaves Norwich City listing in the Championship. And for Bradley Johnson to notch a deflected winner merely rubbed salt into a festering wound.
Youssouf Mulumbu injected some drive and energy in the centre of the park in the absence of the suspended Graham Dorrans but inevitaby tired in his first league start since the early-season draw against Ipswich Town. City's much-maligned centre backs Seb Bassong and Ryan Bennett were far more aggressive in their decision-making, although both were unable to deal with Will Hughes decisively on the edge of the box in allowing Johnson to slam home the winner. John Ruddy for the most part had a watching brief but made two excellent stops in the second period from Darren Bent and Jacob Butterfield before Johnson's deflected shot just spiralled beyond his grasp.
Jacob Murphy was bright and inventive, albeit gave the ball away too often in promising positions, and Steven Naismith was more prominent than in recent weeks.
Our Norwich City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, went for Mulumbu, who despite tiring dramatically underlined just what the Canaries have been missing in a key part of the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
The result as of 10:30pm on Sunday will be published in Monday's Pink Un alongside Paddy's choice.
The poll will then continue to run online throughout the week.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship