Watch the highlights from Norwich City’s Championship clash against Sheffield Wednesday
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City travelled to Sheffield Wednesday for a Championship clash and were beaten, 5-1.
Ross Wallace punished John Ruddy's sliced clearance to guide home a strike from fully 40-yards to spark the rout. Jordan Rhodes grabbed the first of two free headers before Cameron Jerome briefly stemmed the flow.
Morgan Fox added a third just three minutes after Jerome's finish, when he held off Russell Martin at the far post, before Rhodes and Fernando Forestieri struck after the interval.
• Sheffield Wednesday: Westwood, hunt, Loovens, Sasso, Fox, Wallace (McManaman 77), Hutchinson (Jones 33), Bannan (Semedo 74), Forestieri, Rhodes, Winnall. Subs (not used): Wildsmith (GK), Fletcher, Reach, Palmer.
• Goals: Wallace (15), Rhodes (22, 54), Fox (41), Forestieri (66)
• Norwich: Ruddy, Pinto, Martin, Klose, Dijks, Tettey, Howson, Jacob Murphy (Bennett 45), Hoolahan (Pritchard 71), Naismith (Josh Murphy 71), Jerome. Subs: (not used): McGovern (GK), Whittaker, Wildschut, Lafferty.
• Bookings: Klose (foul on Bannan, 46); Naismith (foul on Forestieri, 56);
- 1 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 4 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 5 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 6 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 7 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 8 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Great Yarmouth's model village Banksy sold at auction
• Goal: Jerome (38)
• Time added on: 3 minutes / 3 minutes
• Referee: Andy Davies (Hampshire)
• Attendance: 28,178