Watch highlights of Norwich City’s 1-0 win over Wigan and the game’s key penalty moments
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Penalty decisions were the big talking points of Norwich City's latest victory – and now you can assess for yourself whether the right calls were made by watching highlights of the 1-0 win over Wigan.
Gavin Ward was the man in the middle and was booed off the pitch at half-time after waving away furious claims for a spot-kick midway through the first half, after Latics defender Chey Dunkley's challenged Teemu Pukki from behind after his poor back-pass had allowed the in-form striker clean through on goal.
Marco Stiepermann forced a good save from visiting keeper Christian Walton in either half but there were few chances for Wigan, who looked like they were going to hang on for a 0-0 draw.
However, former Ipswich loanee Callum Connolly bundled over Pukki and Mario Vrancic slotted home the penalty to seal a deserved win and lift the Canaries into the Championship play-off places for the first time this season.
It sealed a fifth successive win and extended City's unbeaten run to seven games in all competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The Canaries are back in action on Wednesday when they travel to Derby County, before returning home to take on another promotion hopeful when Stoke arrive next Saturday.
• Watch highlights from the game above
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 8 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 9 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople