View from the opposition: Olie McBurnie likely to be Barnsley’s dangerman ahead of Norwich City clash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Barnsley fan William Yeomans gives the lowdown on the Tykes ahead of the Canaries' Championship clash at Oakwell this afternoon
What are your early impressions of Jose Morais?
Jury is still out – the first game loss to Burton was disappointing, especially the first half display. There have been improvements since although the Birmingham win was against a side in poor form. We got a good battling point against Hull although the team became too defensive after going 1-0 up.
Has he made many obvious changes in his first three games?
He has recently gone for three up front with some 'first' choice players sidelined.
Oli McBurnie seems to have made a big impact, just how good is he?
He always has a goal in him. He's been a great acquisition and should have been with the team in the previous transfer window as we have been lacking a 25-goal a season forward.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 3 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 4 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 5 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 6 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 7 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 8 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 9 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
- 10 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
Which other players have performed well this season?
Liam Lindsay has been a quality acquisition especially after losing so many good defensive players.
And who have disappointed?
The forwards have disappointed prior to the transfer window as we were short of goals. Also it was disappointing to see Paul Heckingbottom leave at a key point in the season and to a rival, although I understand the move was to increase his wages.
Have you been surprised that this season has become a relegation battle?
Having supported Barnsley for 36 years – most seasons are a relegation battle in the Championship!!!
Paul Heckingbottom's side looked good at Carrow Road, do you see Saturday as one you should be winning?
Barnsley were the better side at Carrow Road but I was happy with a 1-1 after the previous run of defeats and still '80 years of hurt'. After the last two games – we are hopeful of a win. As a Barnsley supporter living in Norfolk, cost is a factor in attending some games, so I watched Norwich against Bolton last Saturday. If Norwich play like they did in the second half last week then I am hopeful.
Any players in the Norwich squad you are wary of?
James Maddison obviously, and Nelson Oliveira cutting in from the flank and shooting from 25 yards.
Lastly, what is your prediction for the game?
Obviously 2-1 to Barnsley.