VIDEO: Norwich City 2, Reading 1
Chris Lakey reviews Norwich City's last-gasp 2-1 win over Reading at Carrow Road - a result that moved the Canaries up to third in the Championship.
Skipper Grant Holt he scored seconds from the end of stoppage time to give Norwich City another dramatic late victory at Carrow Road.
Holt slid in to tuck home a centre by Andrew Crofts with less than 10 seconds of the four extra minutes left – his 14th goal of the season.
City took the lead in the 16th minute when Henri Lansbury scored for the second home game in a row after brilliant work by Wes Hoolahan.
Holt missed a golden chance to make it 2-0 before Shane Long equalised in the 26th minute, tucking home a cross from Jimmy Kebe for his fifth goal in four games against Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Reading, reduced to 10 men by a red card for Jem Karacan after 65 minutes, looked set to hold on to a point thanks to a brilliant goalkeeping performance from Adam Federici.
Holt ensured it was not the case and kept the Canaries' promotion challenge bubbling along in another dramatic finish.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk