Video highlights and photo gallery: Re-live the action from Norwich City’s 3-0 win over West Brom
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City beat West Brom 3-0 in the third round of the Capital One Cup at Carrow Road.
Re-live the action from Carrow Road through video highlights and our photo gallery.
Matt Jarvis thumped City in front in the seccond half before Kyle Lafferty marked his return to the City ranks with a cool slot from 18 yards. The Northern Irishman's nuisance value also brought a third a minute from normal time, although West Brom's Sebastian Pocognoli got the final touch to Jonny Howson's near post cross to divert the ball past his own keeper.
Seb Bassong, Graham Dorrans and Jarvis were the only starters retained from the weekend's 1-1 Premier League draw at Liverpool – Dorrans lining up against his old club.
Lewis Grabban made his first Carrow Road appearance since a recent suspension following a disappearance from the team hotel prior to the previous round's win at Rotherham. Grabban was deployed slightly deeper than Dynamo Kiev frontman Dieumerci Mbokani, who made his full Norwich debut.
Declan Rudd was recalled after his impressive display in the cup win at the New York Stadium with John Ruddy, captain Russell Martin and Cameron Jerome all given the night off.
City's bench, however, contained plenty of top flight nous with Wes Hoolahan, Howson and Nathan Redmond joined by Lafferty and Harry Toffolo. There was also a first senior match day appearance for Jake Kean following his free transfer summer arrival.
- 1 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 2 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 3 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 4 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 5 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 6 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 7 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 8 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 9 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 10 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
Albion chief Tony Pulis rang the changes from the weekend's 1-0 Premier League win at Aston Villa with the likes of Saido Berahino and Darren Fletcher absent. Craig Dawson was the only starter from the win at Villa Park, with former Everton striker Victor Anichebe operating in a holding midfield role.
The Carrow Road win in front of more than 19,000 fans booked City a trip to Everton in the last-16 of the competition at the end of October – sandwiching Albion's league visit to Norwich and City's trip to Manchester City.