Video highlights and photo gallery: Re-live the action from Norwich City’s 3-0 win over West Brom
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City beat West Brom 3-0 in the third round of the Capital One Cup at Carrow Road.
Re-live the action from Carrow Road through video highlights and our photo gallery.
Matt Jarvis thumped City in front in the seccond half before Kyle Lafferty marked his return to the City ranks with a cool slot from 18 yards. The Northern Irishman's nuisance value also brought a third a minute from normal time, although West Brom's Sebastian Pocognoli got the final touch to Jonny Howson's near post cross to divert the ball past his own keeper.
Seb Bassong, Graham Dorrans and Jarvis were the only starters retained from the weekend's 1-1 Premier League draw at Liverpool – Dorrans lining up against his old club.
Lewis Grabban made his first Carrow Road appearance since a recent suspension following a disappearance from the team hotel prior to the previous round's win at Rotherham. Grabban was deployed slightly deeper than Dynamo Kiev frontman Dieumerci Mbokani, who made his full Norwich debut.
You may also want to watch:
Declan Rudd was recalled after his impressive display in the cup win at the New York Stadium with John Ruddy, captain Russell Martin and Cameron Jerome all given the night off.
City's bench, however, contained plenty of top flight nous with Wes Hoolahan, Howson and Nathan Redmond joined by Lafferty and Harry Toffolo. There was also a first senior match day appearance for Jake Kean following his free transfer summer arrival.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash
Albion chief Tony Pulis rang the changes from the weekend's 1-0 Premier League win at Aston Villa with the likes of Saido Berahino and Darren Fletcher absent. Craig Dawson was the only starter from the win at Villa Park, with former Everton striker Victor Anichebe operating in a holding midfield role.
The Carrow Road win in front of more than 19,000 fans booked City a trip to Everton in the last-16 of the competition at the end of October – sandwiching Albion's league visit to Norwich and City's trip to Manchester City.