VIDEO: Crystal Palace 0, Norwich City 0
Chris Lakey reviews Norwich City's 0-0 draw at Crystal Palace - a result that lifts the Canaries up to second place in the Championship.
It was hardly a classic for nearly 2,700 travelling City fans on a bitterly cold afternoon in South London, but the draw extended their unbeaten run away from home stretching back to the end of October and pushed them into the automatic promotion places.
A curling shot from Wes Hoolahan, tipped over by goalkeeper Julian Speroni in the ninth minute, was as close as the Canaries came to finding the net, though skipper Grant Holt blazed over from a useful opportunity in the closing stages.
City were grateful to goalkeeper John Ruddy in the second half for important saves from Sean Scannell, Neil Danns and substitute Wilfried Zaha.
A point took Palace out of the bottom three and City have still not beaten them on their own ground since 1996.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Lambert's men are still five points behind leaders Queens Park Rangers, who drew 0-0 at Hull.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault