Vadis Ofoe plays 90 minutes in Norwich City’s development league 2-2 draw at Leicester City’s U21s
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's Belgian international Vadis Ofoe continued his injury comeback with a 90-minute outing in the Canaries' 2-2 development league draw at Leicester City's U21s on Monday.
Ofoe has not featured for the first team since damaging knee ligaments on his first senior start in October's Championship goalless stalemate at Sheffield Wednesday.
The powerful midfielder played 60-minutes in last week's behind-closed-doors friendly against Chicago Fire and stepped that up again in the East Midlands as he bids to force his way into Alex Neil's plans for the Championship promotion run-in.
Ofoe was joined in the visitors' line-up by young professional Conor McGrandles and Carlton Morris, who is eligible to play at development level for his club under the terms of his current loan deal with League Tow York City.
Paul Wilkinson's side were twice pegged back at Belvoir Drive with the Foxes' striker Joe Dodoo levelling in stoppage time. Sam Kelly put Norwich in front in the first half before Ben Chilwell equalised.
Cameron Norman restored Norwich's lead two minutes later and looked set for the points until Dodoo rifled home a 20-yard half-volley.
- 1 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 2 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 3 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 4 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 5 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 6 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 7 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 8 Man in 30s arrested on suspicion of drug dealing in rural village
- 9 Warning after beach-goers hit with parking fines
- 10 Car carrying six children not wearing seatbelts caught on A47
• Leicester City U21s: Maddison, Pearson, Chilwell, McCourt, Davis, Sesay (Kennedy 46), Scott (Rowley 46), Barmby (King 65), Stankevicius, Panayiotou, Dodoo. Subs (not used): Smith-Varnham, Miles.
• Goals: Chilwell (70), Dodoo (90).
• Norwich City U21s: Matthews, Hall-Johnson, Efete, Grant, Ramsey, Fox (Boateng 77), Norman, McGrandies, Morris, Odjidja-Ofoe, Kelly. Subs (not used): Cantwell, Black, Couzens.
• Goals: Kelly (36), Norman (72).
• Referee: Ian Dudley