Vadis Ofoe plays 90 minutes in Norwich City’s development league 2-2 draw at Leicester City’s U21s
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's Belgian international Vadis Ofoe continued his injury comeback with a 90-minute outing in the Canaries' 2-2 development league draw at Leicester City's U21s on Monday.
Ofoe has not featured for the first team since damaging knee ligaments on his first senior start in October's Championship goalless stalemate at Sheffield Wednesday.
The powerful midfielder played 60-minutes in last week's behind-closed-doors friendly against Chicago Fire and stepped that up again in the East Midlands as he bids to force his way into Alex Neil's plans for the Championship promotion run-in.
Ofoe was joined in the visitors' line-up by young professional Conor McGrandles and Carlton Morris, who is eligible to play at development level for his club under the terms of his current loan deal with League Tow York City.
Paul Wilkinson's side were twice pegged back at Belvoir Drive with the Foxes' striker Joe Dodoo levelling in stoppage time. Sam Kelly put Norwich in front in the first half before Ben Chilwell equalised.
You may also want to watch:
Cameron Norman restored Norwich's lead two minutes later and looked set for the points until Dodoo rifled home a 20-yard half-volley.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 7 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 10 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
• Leicester City U21s: Maddison, Pearson, Chilwell, McCourt, Davis, Sesay (Kennedy 46), Scott (Rowley 46), Barmby (King 65), Stankevicius, Panayiotou, Dodoo. Subs (not used): Smith-Varnham, Miles.
• Goals: Chilwell (70), Dodoo (90).
• Norwich City U21s: Matthews, Hall-Johnson, Efete, Grant, Ramsey, Fox (Boateng 77), Norman, McGrandies, Morris, Odjidja-Ofoe, Kelly. Subs (not used): Cantwell, Black, Couzens.
• Goals: Kelly (36), Norman (72).
• Referee: Ian Dudley