Vadis Ofoe not ready for frontline action at Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Vadis Ofoe will only return to boost Norwich City's Championship promotion push when he is fully fit and firing.
Canaries' chief Alex Neil revealed on Friday the Belgian international had suffered another setback in his recovery from the knee ligament damage picked up on his one and only league start for the club in October's 0-0 draw at Sheffield Wednesday.
Neil has allayed fears the 25-year-old could be set for an extended absence but wants the midfield powerhouse to get himself right to play his part.
'Vadis got a wee slight knock back in terms of his knee but he has done a lot of work with the strength and conditioning guys this week,' said Neil. 'I don't think he'll be quite ready for this weekend, and you have to 100% with that type of injury. It is not one you can try and give it a chance and see how things develop. If it break downs it can be a real issue so the fact he feels it is not quite right is comforting because that tells me it is not a major problem. It is just about getting the confidence back because when you are out for that length of time you need to make sure it feels 100%.'
Seb Bassong and Elliott Bennett are in contention for Brentford's visit after a return to full training in recent days but Alex Tettey is rated doubtful after missing last weekend's Cardiff win with a groin injury.
'It will be another last minute decision. He has done wee bits and bobs of training but not the full week,' said Neil. 'Elliott has trained a couple of days this week. He is looking okay but whether he will be ready for Saturday I am not quite sure. Seb has trained with the squad this week and he is fine and he is in the squad.'
Centre back Ryan Bennett is still undergoing treatment and at least a week away from re-joining training after his hamstring injury at Bournemouth.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 3 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 6 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 7 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 8 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 9 Key worker couple celebrate 'fairy tale' day after winning £32,000 wedding
- 10 A Hunstanton institution closes after almost 50 years