Updated odds: Mike Phelan remains favourite to become next permanent Norwich City manager
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
First-team coach Mike Phelan remains the early favourite to be named as the next permanent Norwich City manager, following yesterday's resignation of Neil Adams.
Former Brighton and Watford boss Oscar Garcia, who had to leave Watford after just 27 days earlier this season because of health problems, has moved in to 8/1 with Sky Bet overnight.
Former Ipswich and Sunderland manager Roy Keane is in to 14/1 having been spotted in the crowd at City's shock 2-0 defeat at Preston in the third round of the FA Cup on Saturday – but it is understood Keane was only scouting City midfielder Wes Hoolahan in his role as Republic of Ireland assistant manager.
Hull City boss Steve Bruce and former Rangers manager Ally McCoist are fresh names to appear on odds list this morning, but are long shots at 40/1 and 50/1 respectively.
Former Manchester United assistant manager Phelan joined the Canaries at the end of November but has now been placed in caretaker charge of the club's first team following Adams' exit.
He must now prepare the Canaries for Saturday's trip to Championship leaders Bournemouth, as they look to bounce back from Saturday's defeat at Preston.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 3 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 5 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 8 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 9 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 10 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
Phelan is odds-on to be the next permanent City manager with Sky Bet, who have former Tottenham manager and Canaries midfielder Tim Sherwood as second favourite.
MK Dons manager Karl Robinson and former Wigan boss Uwe Rosler are also among the early favourites.
Odds for next permanent Norwich City manager, as of Tuesday morning (SkyBet)
Mike Phelan 1/2
Tim Sherwood 3/1
Oscar Garcia 8/1
Karl Robinson 12/1
Roy Keane 14/1
Uwe Rosler 16/1
Brian McDermott 20/1
Nigel Adkins 25/1
Neil Warnock 25/1
Glenn Hoddle 33/1
Paul Clement 33/1
Ian Culverhouse 33/1
Steve Bruce 40/1
Alan Irvine 50/1
Nolberto Solano 50/1
Stuart McCall 50/1
Ally McCoist 50/1
Paul Ince 50/1
Nigel Clough 50/1
Dougie Freedman 50/1
Ralf Rangnick 50/1
Phil Neville 50/1
Dennis Wise 50/1
Alan Curbishley 50/1