Updated - Norwich City transfer rumours: Southampton close in on £11m Nathan Redmond deal
- Credit: PA
Norwich City midfielder Nathan Redmond remains a prominent figure in the Premier League transfer swirl with Southampton reportedly in advanced talks to complete an £11m move for the City starlet.
Both the Sun and the Mirror claimed late on Monday evening Southampton had stepped up their pursuit of the 22-year-old, who is currently out of the country on holiday, with the Saints in 'advanced talks' to sign Redmond. The England Under-21 international is poised to undergo a medical when he returns to the UK, if negotiations are successfully concluded.
The Sunday Mirror had claimed over the weekend the Saints were in 'pole position' although the Mirror also reported last week Stoke City had won the race for the England Under-21.
Premier League rivals West Brom and West Ham are also admirers of the attacking wide player who is approaching the final year of his current contract. Alex Neil has made it clear City are under no pressure to sell but relegation to the Championship will have an inevitable impact on the club's finances and the likes of Redmond and Republic of Ireland international Robbie Brady are seen as Norwich's prime assets this summer.
The Mirror claim the former Birmingham City starlet is viewed as a potential replacement for Saints' winger Sadio Mane, who is a target for Liverpool and Manchester United.
You may also want to watch:
Southampton's interest is reportedly unhindered by the expected departure of manager Ronald Koeman, who is finally set to be unveiled by Everton this week.
Meanwhile, Chelsea striker and ex-Norwich City loanee Patrick Bamford could have a Spanish offer on the table with the Sun outlining La Liga outift Real Betis could be prepared to recruit the frontman, who is attracting interest from a clutch of Championship clubs, including Newcastle United and Aston Villa.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man and woman found dead in home
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
Bamford endured a goalless stint at Carrow Road over the second half of last season in seven appearances. Norwich's record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel was on loan at Betis last season, scoring three goals in 20 outings.