Updated - Norwich City transfer rumours: Southampton close in on £11m Nathan Redmond deal
- Credit: PA
Norwich City midfielder Nathan Redmond remains a prominent figure in the Premier League transfer swirl with Southampton reportedly in advanced talks to complete an £11m move for the City starlet.
Both the Sun and the Mirror claimed late on Monday evening Southampton had stepped up their pursuit of the 22-year-old, who is currently out of the country on holiday, with the Saints in 'advanced talks' to sign Redmond. The England Under-21 international is poised to undergo a medical when he returns to the UK, if negotiations are successfully concluded.
The Sunday Mirror had claimed over the weekend the Saints were in 'pole position' although the Mirror also reported last week Stoke City had won the race for the England Under-21.
Premier League rivals West Brom and West Ham are also admirers of the attacking wide player who is approaching the final year of his current contract. Alex Neil has made it clear City are under no pressure to sell but relegation to the Championship will have an inevitable impact on the club's finances and the likes of Redmond and Republic of Ireland international Robbie Brady are seen as Norwich's prime assets this summer.
The Mirror claim the former Birmingham City starlet is viewed as a potential replacement for Saints' winger Sadio Mane, who is a target for Liverpool and Manchester United.
Southampton's interest is reportedly unhindered by the expected departure of manager Ronald Koeman, who is finally set to be unveiled by Everton this week.
Meanwhile, Chelsea striker and ex-Norwich City loanee Patrick Bamford could have a Spanish offer on the table with the Sun outlining La Liga outift Real Betis could be prepared to recruit the frontman, who is attracting interest from a clutch of Championship clubs, including Newcastle United and Aston Villa.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 3 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 4 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 5 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
- 8 Flood alerts issued along the north Norfolk coast tomorrow morning
- 9 Investigation closed into fatal crash where car crashed into river
- 10 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
Bamford endured a goalless stint at Carrow Road over the second half of last season in seven appearances. Norwich's record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel was on loan at Betis last season, scoring three goals in 20 outings.