Updated Norwich City transfer rumours: Reading reject two bids for Norwich City target Aaron Tshibola
- Credit: PA
Reading up the ante in the race for Norwich City target Aaron Tshibola.
Teamtalk report on Monday morning the Royals have rejected two bids from an 'undisclosed' club after the Daily Mirror reported over the weekend City had stolen a march on their rivals with a £2m offer.
Teamtalk claim two £1m-plus offers have been dismissed with new boss Jaap Stam looking to build a side capable of challenging for promotion.
The Canaries, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and Celtic have all been linked with the classy Reading operator. Yet it's City who are said to be pulling hardest early on in the transfer tug of war.
According to the Mirror, Norwich had agreed a fee of around £2m for the 21-year-old. The report also suggests that City are keen to get the deal done as quickly as possible before other clubs start to lodge their bids for the powerful former England youth international.
You may also want to watch:
Tshibola – who has three years left on his contract at the Madejski Stadium having penned a new deal in September 2015 – burst onto the Championship scene last season but saw his progress curtailed by injury and was forced to undergo hamstring surgery in February.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed