Updated: Euro 2016 qualifying call-ups for Norwich City players; Nathan Redmond on England U21 duty
- Credit: PA
Norwich City midfielder Nathan Redmond is the latest member of Alex Neil's squad to get a call-up for international duty later this month as part of the England Under-21s squad for a Uefa U21 qualifier against Kazakhstan.
Redmond is one of the more experienced players in Gareth Southgate's 'Young Lions' squad, which also features former Norwich City academy keeper Angus Gunn, for the tie at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry on October 13.
Redmond joins the likes of club-mate Kyle Lafferty on international duty. Lafferty has been named in Northern Ireland's squad for the final two matches of Euro 2016 qualifying.
Michael O'Neill's side need just one win to guarantee qualification for next summer's tournament in France as they currently top Group F.
Lafferty has scored seven goals in his country's eight qualifiers to sit joint third in the top scorer's chart, with only Poland's Robert Lewandowski (10) and Germany's Thomas Muller (nine) having scored more.
You may also want to watch:
Northern Ireland are already guaranteed a play-off place but can seal automatic qualification by beating either Greece at home on October 8 or winning in Finland on October 11.
Canaries' defenders Russell Martin and Steven Whittaker are in Scotland's squad for qualifiers against Poland in Glasgow on October 8 and in Gibraltar on October 11, although their chances of qualifying from Group D are extremely slim.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
Young City midfielder Louis Thompson has also been named in the latest Wales U21 squad. Thompson, on loan at Swindon, has been called up for a European U21 Championship qualifier in Denmark on October 9.