Transfer worries blighting Coventry City’s pre-season ahead of Norwich City friendly
- Credit: PA
Transfer dealings are the main focus for Coventry City fans as their team head to Carrow Road for tonight's pre-season friendly.
The Sky Blues faithful were left shocked over the weekend when fans favourite Romain Vincelot joined Bradford City.
Tony Mowbray has asked supporters to trust his judgement despite seeing Vincelot, who played in all but one league match last season, and his midfield partner John Fleck leave this summer.
'I am talking to people all the time and it's never easy to do,' the Sky Blues boss told the Coventry Telegraph.
'As soon as a club knows there's interest in a player they think they have got Lionel Messi whereas two weeks earlier they were happy to let them go.
You may also want to watch:
'This means that if we have to pay a small fee somewhere along the line for a footballer I feel is going to be crucial to the way we move forward we can. Other clubs are trying to do business as well so if we can tempt them with a little bit of money sometimes they might think they can get the player they want and do a deal – it's like a food chain.
'There are hundreds of players swilling around and we have to find the ones that fit into our style and system and try to improve things. You have to be good at finding diamonds amongst the pebbles on the beach – and, believe me, there are a lot of pebbles.'
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
Former Swindon forward Fabien Robert featured as a trialist in Saturday's win at League Two side Newport County, setting up Andy Rose to head Coventry 2-0 up, after George Thomas had opened the scoring.
Former West Ham youngster Kyel Reid is also on trial with the Sky Blues following his release from Preston, currently training with the club with a view to signing a deal.