Transfer Talk: Melbourne Heart reportedly interested in Norwich City skipper Grant Holt
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Melbourne Heart are reportedly interested in signing Norwich City captain Grant Holt.
The Brisbane Times has reported that Heart have put in a formal request to negotiate with Holt.
The 32-year-old striker has played football in Australia before - Halfiax Town loaned Holt to Perth state league club Sorrento for one month in 2001.
There has been plenty of speculation among City fans over whether their hero will move on come the summer, especially as his wife and children are back living in Carlisle.
But Holt is adamant his personal and professional situations are not inextricably linked: 'A lot of people talk about the family thing and it's a decision that was made between me and my wife and family, and that was it.
You may also want to watch:
'I've always said my family comes first and I don't want to take my kids all over the country, and they are at the age where they are starting school.
'But that's got no bearing on my football career. Only the manager and the people upstairs will know if they want me to be here next year. I've got my contract and we will see how it goes from there.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
Chris Hughton has insisted that Grant Holt remains a key player for Norwich City.
The City boss said: 'Probably it is not my responsibility to say anything because I haven't made any comment on that subject. What I have seen is press speculation.
'Grant is a player who signed a new contract in the summer and he has two years left. I might be wrong but I believe he started more games this season than last season so this is someone who has been right in there playing games. Anything you read or hear is speculation because for me it is not an issue.'