TRANSFER LATEST: Norwich City miss out on Lewis Holtby but look set to keep Wes Hoolahan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City still look poised to hang onto wantaway midfielder Wes Hoolahan as the transfer window draws to a close.
Carrow Road chiefs look set to spurn the Irish ace's dreams of linking up with his former boss Paul Lambert at Aston Villa – even though Hoolahan is clearly unhappy in Norfolk.
The playmaker has had a transfer request turned down by the Canaries and is said to have had an off-air exchange with a television reporter yesterday which shows his growing frustrations at the move not coming off.
Chris Hughton – who yesterday added Joseph Yobo to his ranks on loan – will not be, as rumoured, signing Lewis Holtby. The Tottenham midfielder is training with Fulham on Transfer Deadline Day ahead of a proposed loan move.
And winger Wilfried Zaha, linked with City briefly, will not arrive because he is set to line-up against the Yellows tomorrow after completing a move from Manchester United to Cardiff City until the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Centre-back Scott Dann looks likely to move to Cardiff or Crystal Palace while Olympiakos defender Kostas Manolas was also said to be on the Canaries' radar – but they look unlikely to sign him too.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 5 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 6 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Police reopen road following earlier crash