Tottenham youngster Alex Pritchard set for Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have reportedly hijacked Brighton's deal to sign Alex Pritchard from Tottenham in an £8m deal.
Brighton had their bid accepted by Spurs on Tuesday and Prichard had agreed personal terms with the Seagulls only for Norwich City to come in at the 11th hour.
The Canaries have apparently offered Pritchard more money and are hopeful of concluding a deal for the 23-year-old attacking midfielder.
The move should alleviate some frustration for many Norwich fans after Aston Villa had a bid accepted for number one transfer target Ross McCormack.
Manager Alex Neil had hoped to conclude a deal for the Scotland international this week but Villa look to have gazumped the Canaries.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK