Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City - Player ratings
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Player ratings for both Tottenham Hotspur and Norwich City following their Premier League clash.
• Norwich City:
6 John Ruddy: Denied Andros Townsend and Gylfi Sigurdsson. Question mark over the second goal.
You may also want to watch:
5 Steven Whittaker: Sigurdsson's movement ably supported by Danny Rose was a tough assignment for Scot.
6 Michael Turner: One or two key interceptions. Persisted against a tricky customer in Roberto Soldado.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
7 Sebastien Bassong: Numerous near post blocks. Reading of danger typified by positioning for Soldado flick.
5 Javier Garrido: Never got to grips with a vibrant Townsend. Needed more assistance, however.
6 Leroy Fer: Steep learning curve. Long way short of his influential Saints' display last time out.
5 Bradley Johnson: May feel a first-half booking was a touch harsh. Unable to nullify the Spurs' midfield.
6 Robert Snodgrass: Tame late free-kick into Tottenham's wall summed up his frustrating afternoon.
5 Nathan Redmond: Escaped once in behind Kyle Walker, but a day largely spent looking for reverse gear.
6 Johan Elmander: No faulting the work ethic. Hold up play lacked the precision to relieve pressure.
6 Ricky van Wolfswinkel: One clear chance in either half. Both efforts blocked. Remains an isolated figure.
Subs: Alex Tettey (for Elmander) 5, Anthony Pilkington (for Redmond) 5, Jonny Howson (for Johnson) 5
• Tottenham Hotspur:
6 Hugo Lloris: Bizarre lack of judgement over the handball incident. Largely untroubled shift.
7 Kyle Walker: Lost Nathan Redmond just the once, but linked superbly with Andros Townsend.
6 Michael Dawson: Strong in the air. Dominant presence when Norwich did try to launch it from the back.
6 Jan Vertonghen: A day for concentration with Spurs essentially in control from the first minute.
7 Danny Rose: Superb block to foil Ricky van Wolfswinkel in the second half. Attacking threat throughout.
7 Paulinho: Looks an astute acquisition. Balances the creative instincts of those talents around him.
7 Mousa Dembele: Over-shadowed by Christian Eriksen, but seemed happy to defer.
7 Andros Townsend: Constant source of pain to Norwich down the right. One-man firing range at times.
8 Christian Eriksen: Created both Tottenham goals. Spurs' generalissimo. Afforded too much time and space.
8 Gylfi Sigurdsson: First goal was a cool finish. Second was all about timing and anticipation. Quality.
6 Roberto Soldado: Mobile target. Saw a back heel chance scrambled away in the first half. Will score plenty.
Subs: Sandro (for Sigurdsson) 5, Lewis Holtby (for Eriksen) 5, Erik Lamela (for Dembele) 5