Tottenham Hotspur defender Naughton joins Norwich City on loan
Tottenham Hotspur defender Kyle Naughton is set to join Norwich City on a season-long loan.
The 22 year-old began his career with Sheffield United and was voted into the 2008/09 PFA Championship Team of the Year.
The full-back joined Tottenham Hotspur in July 2009 and has played Premier League football at White Hart Lane but has found a regular place in the Spurs first team hard to come by.
He spent the 2010/11 season on loan at Middlesbrough and Leicester City. For the second time in three years he found himself in the PFA Championship Team of the Year and was also voted Leicester City's Young Player of the Year.
Norwich City boss Paul Lambert told the club's official website: 'We're delighted to have secured Kyle's services for the season. He's a quality player who will come in and give the current group a hand as well as providing more healthy competition for places.
'He's a pacy player and he's also young and hungry to continue developing his career and we're obviously pleased he's got the chance now to do that with us here at Norwich City.
'We said we were looking for six or seven lads to come in and lend a hand in various positions and it's pleasing we've now managed to do so. Kyle will come in and join his new team-mates on Monday and the whole group can then work together on continuing our pre-season preparations.'
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 6 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 7 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 8 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 9 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 10 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich