Tony Andreu is Alex Neil’s role model at Norwich City
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Norwich City's new signing Tony Andreu is Alex Neil's man for all seasons.
The Canaries' boss raided his old club Hamilton on deadline day to recruit the 26-year-old French playmaker who had been a key part of Accies' rise to the top end of the Scottish Premier League.
Andreu is eligible to make his debut in Saturday's Championship home game against Blackpool after City officials received clearance from Fifa and the Football League.
Neil was also heavily linked with late transfer moves for the likes of West Brom's Graham Dorrans and Cardiff's Craig Noone and the Norwich boss revealed Andreu is cut from the same cloth.
'Tony's got good quality. He can play in a variety of positions, and he's certainly scored goals in the time that I've had him, so hopefully he can add that to the team,' he said. 'I like players who are flexible, who can play a variety of positions. You look at Craig Noone, he can play down the left, he can play down the right, he can also come inside and play in the number 10 role and Tony Andreu is very, very similar and so too is Graham Dorrans.
You may also want to watch:
'The one thing I have always had in my squads is players who can adapt to different situations. If you are pigeon-holed in one area it limits you as a manager tactically and for them as a player. If you look at the three players mentioned they all want to go and hit the box, they can score but they are creators and they have that stamina to be a danger in the final third.'
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath