Timm Klose is up for Norwich City’s Championship promotion bid
- Credit: EXPA Pictures/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil has delivered the news every Norwich City fan wants to hear - Timm Klose is on board for the Championship promotion push.
Neil is stepping up his bid to bring in fresh blood ahead of the kick-off at Blackburn on August 6 with a proven striker top of his wish list, but keeping Klose is key to City's hopes of an instant top flight return.
The Swiss international proved a massive hit before a knee injury wrecked his debut Premier League season, and the 28-year-old is not going to bail on the Canaries.
'He didn't come here to play in the Championship,' said Neil. 'We all know that, but what I have said to him is you need to give us a year to help the club and he is fine with that. No issues. He is a quality player and the more we can keep the better. I have no intentions to sell Timm and he is not making any waves to get out.
'Timm is a crucial part of the squad and I have absolutely no desire to let Timm go anywhere. No one has come in and offered any money for Timm. Timm is comfortable with the situation, he has got a job ahead of him this season and he certainly wants to try and get us back up at the first time of asking.'
Fulham hitman Ross McCormack is believed to be a prime target, although the Scottish international has also been linked with rivals Aston Villa. Neil made it clear prior to the friendly win over the Russians he wants a proven Championship striker.
'We have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes to bring in new players and hopefully we will have something to show for it soon,' he said. 'You can't take anything for granted in football but I am hopeful. Listen, we have a good squad, a capable squad and I think we will be as strong if not in a stronger position by the end of this window then when we went up last time from this division.'
- 1 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 2 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 3 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 4 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 5 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 6 Norfolk attraction to hold its largest ever fireworks display
- 7 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 8 Woman filmed being raped while she was unconscious, court told
- 9 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 10 High Court threat to A47 dualling plan