Timm Klose is up for Norwich City’s Championship promotion bid
- Credit: EXPA Pictures/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil has delivered the news every Norwich City fan wants to hear - Timm Klose is on board for the Championship promotion push.
Neil is stepping up his bid to bring in fresh blood ahead of the kick-off at Blackburn on August 6 with a proven striker top of his wish list, but keeping Klose is key to City's hopes of an instant top flight return.
The Swiss international proved a massive hit before a knee injury wrecked his debut Premier League season, and the 28-year-old is not going to bail on the Canaries.
'He didn't come here to play in the Championship,' said Neil. 'We all know that, but what I have said to him is you need to give us a year to help the club and he is fine with that. No issues. He is a quality player and the more we can keep the better. I have no intentions to sell Timm and he is not making any waves to get out.
'Timm is a crucial part of the squad and I have absolutely no desire to let Timm go anywhere. No one has come in and offered any money for Timm. Timm is comfortable with the situation, he has got a job ahead of him this season and he certainly wants to try and get us back up at the first time of asking.'
You may also want to watch:
Fulham hitman Ross McCormack is believed to be a prime target, although the Scottish international has also been linked with rivals Aston Villa. Neil made it clear prior to the friendly win over the Russians he wants a proven Championship striker.
'We have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes to bring in new players and hopefully we will have something to show for it soon,' he said. 'You can't take anything for granted in football but I am hopeful. Listen, we have a good squad, a capable squad and I think we will be as strong if not in a stronger position by the end of this window then when we went up last time from this division.'
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 8 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 9 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women