The best images from Norwich City’s victory over QPR and lap of appreciation at Carrow Road
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The off-season begins with a warm glow for Norwich City supporters this morning, even if the Canaries are facing up to another season outside the Premier League.
Interim head coach Alan Irvine's time in charge came to an end with a 4-0 thumping of QPR at Carrow Road yesterday, on an emotionally charged day.
While there was little to play for, City finishing eighth thanks to the three points, supporters were able to give outgoing keeper John Ruddy a fine send-off and celebrate Wes Hoolahan winning the player of the season award for the first time.
Hoolahan also scored twice and teed up Alex Pritchard and Josh Murphy for the other two goals on an entertaining afternoon.
Attentions now turn to the club's imminent appointment of a new head coach, expected by the end of the month, as sporting director Stuart Webber continues implementing change.
With Ruddy and six other senior players, including Ryan Bennett and Sebastien Bassong, already told their contracts will not be renewed – a busy summer awaits.
But while we wait for the club's new look to take shape, here's an opportunity to soak up a positive final match of roller-coaster campaign.
- 1 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 2 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 3 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 4 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 5 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 6 Farmers call for Norfolk hosepipe ban
- 7 'I lived in one of the most remote places in Norfolk'
- 8 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 9 Firefighters battling forest blaze near Sandringham
- 10 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub