The best images from Norwich City’s victory over QPR and lap of appreciation at Carrow Road
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The off-season begins with a warm glow for Norwich City supporters this morning, even if the Canaries are facing up to another season outside the Premier League.
Interim head coach Alan Irvine's time in charge came to an end with a 4-0 thumping of QPR at Carrow Road yesterday, on an emotionally charged day.
While there was little to play for, City finishing eighth thanks to the three points, supporters were able to give outgoing keeper John Ruddy a fine send-off and celebrate Wes Hoolahan winning the player of the season award for the first time.
Hoolahan also scored twice and teed up Alex Pritchard and Josh Murphy for the other two goals on an entertaining afternoon.
Attentions now turn to the club's imminent appointment of a new head coach, expected by the end of the month, as sporting director Stuart Webber continues implementing change.
You may also want to watch:
With Ruddy and six other senior players, including Ryan Bennett and Sebastien Bassong, already told their contracts will not be renewed – a busy summer awaits.
But while we wait for the club's new look to take shape, here's an opportunity to soak up a positive final match of roller-coaster campaign.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub