‘The atmosphere at Carrow Road has been disappointing and at times non-existent’ – discuss
- Credit: Sean Dempsey/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City sporting director Stuart Webber has only been in post for a few weeks but has already identified several issues that need resolving at Carrow Road.
In a wide ranging interview with fan site alongcomenorwich.com, the 33-year-old discussed a number of burning issues that many supporters knew needed addressing.
A wage bill that's too high for a Championship club, 'glaring holes' in the squad and what to do with James Maddison were just three several subjects covered.
But it was Webber's comments about the atmosphere at Carrow Road during home games that got fans talking on social media.
It's almost taboo that, as a club chief, you don't ever criticise your fanbase but Webber has come to City in a position of strength and is trying to instigate a culture change both on and off the field.
He called the atmosphere 'disappointing' and 'at times non-existent'. Strong stuff, but judging from the reaction on social media few fans disagreed with him.
You may also want to watch:
The big issue now is for Webber to put in place the personnel that will give City supporters plenty to shout about next season.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 8 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 9 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 10 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze