WATCH: Artist’s amazing timelapse painting Norwich City shirts
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City players have worn some iconic shirts throughout the years, and one artist has brought a collection of them together in one stunning painting.
Terry Kneeshaw, an "old ad rep" of more than 40 years who lives in County Durham, has painted the strips of several football clubs in recent months, and has now covered the Canaries with his latest project.
Mr Kneeshaw said: "It started a few years ago when I was approached by Darlington - my hometown club - I did a couple of paintings which they auctioned off at one of their fundraising nights.
"The local community loved them, so I did another one for Bury when they got into trouble. Again, that went down really well, so I thought I'd do a few others.
"People were leaning on me saying 'do one for Celtic, one for Rangers, Manchester United' and so on, so I started listening to all the responses on my Facebook pages and it's spiralled since then."
You may also want to watch:
This week he unveiled his Norwich City-themed painting, a limited-edition collectors item which consists of 16 famous shirts from the 1980s through to the present day.
It includes strips worn when the Canaries won the League Cup in 1985, when they finished third in the Premier League and went on their European adventure in the 1990s and the shirt worn when Daniel Farke's side were promoted to the Premier League in 2018/19, among others.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 10 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
He also released a timelapsed video, which shows him creating the incredible painting.
An unframed A2 print costs £49.99 with only 500 available worldwide.
Mr Kneeshaw says he is delighted with the online response that he has had for his work.
He said: "They're loving it, it's wonderful. I haven't sent any out yet because I've got to get all the certificates and the like, but there'll be a handful of orders for sure.
"There's only 500 - once they're gone, they're gone."
For more information or to buy one of Mr Kneeshaw's Norwich City prints, click here.