Team news: Norwich City make outgoing John Ruddy captain for final match of the Championship season against QPR
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
John Ruddy has been handed the captain's armband for his final match as a Norwich City player, as interim head coach Alan Irvine makes two changes for today's final match of the season against QPR.
Ruddy retains his starting place in goal for the final match of his Canaries career, having been told this week that he will not have his contract renewed this summer. The keeper clocks up his 243rd appearance for the club, moving him to 44th in City's all-time appearances, level with Noel Kinsey and Colin Suggett.
Ryan Bennett is replaced in the starting line-up by Timm Klose having also been told his contract would not be renewed during the week and subsequently choosing to not train with his team-mates.
Of the outgoing players Steven Whittaker, Sebastien Bassong, Michael Turner, Youssouf Mulumbu and Kyle Lafferty were all left out with the latter two having chosen not to train at all.
Steven Naismith also misses out as he begins a three-match ban which will straddle seasons, following his late red card in the 3-3 draw at Leeds last weekend, and is replaced by Wes Hoolahan.
Michael McGovern returns to the bench, having missed the game at Leeds due to a family bereavement, and youngster Ben Godfrey is also among the substitutes.
QPR makes two changes, with Jack Robinson replacing Jake Bidwell at left-back and Michael Doughty starting in midfield ahead of Luke Freeman.
- 1 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 2 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 3 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 4 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 5 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 6 Norfolk attraction to hold its largest ever fireworks display
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Woman filmed being raped while she was unconscious, court told
- 9 High Court threat to A47 dualling plan
- 10 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
Norwich: Ruddy (C); Pinto, Martin, Klose, Dijks; Howson, Dorrans; Pritchard, Hoolahan, Josh Murphy; Oliveira. Subs: McGovern (GK), Jerome, Wildschut, Jacob Murphy, Tettey, Maddison, Godfrey.
QPR: Smithies; Perch, Onuoha, Lynch, Robinson; Luongo, Manning, Doughty; Wszolek, Smith, Washington. Subs: Ingram (GK), Freeman, Goss, Petrasso, Furlong, Grego-Cox.