Team news: Norwich City make outgoing John Ruddy captain for final match of the Championship season against QPR
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
John Ruddy has been handed the captain's armband for his final match as a Norwich City player, as interim head coach Alan Irvine makes two changes for today's final match of the season against QPR.
Ruddy retains his starting place in goal for the final match of his Canaries career, having been told this week that he will not have his contract renewed this summer. The keeper clocks up his 243rd appearance for the club, moving him to 44th in City's all-time appearances, level with Noel Kinsey and Colin Suggett.
Ryan Bennett is replaced in the starting line-up by Timm Klose having also been told his contract would not be renewed during the week and subsequently choosing to not train with his team-mates.
Of the outgoing players Steven Whittaker, Sebastien Bassong, Michael Turner, Youssouf Mulumbu and Kyle Lafferty were all left out with the latter two having chosen not to train at all.
Steven Naismith also misses out as he begins a three-match ban which will straddle seasons, following his late red card in the 3-3 draw at Leeds last weekend, and is replaced by Wes Hoolahan.
You may also want to watch:
Michael McGovern returns to the bench, having missed the game at Leeds due to a family bereavement, and youngster Ben Godfrey is also among the substitutes.
QPR makes two changes, with Jack Robinson replacing Jake Bidwell at left-back and Michael Doughty starting in midfield ahead of Luke Freeman.
- 1 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
Norwich: Ruddy (C); Pinto, Martin, Klose, Dijks; Howson, Dorrans; Pritchard, Hoolahan, Josh Murphy; Oliveira. Subs: McGovern (GK), Jerome, Wildschut, Jacob Murphy, Tettey, Maddison, Godfrey.
QPR: Smithies; Perch, Onuoha, Lynch, Robinson; Luongo, Manning, Doughty; Wszolek, Smith, Washington. Subs: Ingram (GK), Freeman, Goss, Petrasso, Furlong, Grego-Cox.