‘Stuart Webber is becoming more and more of a hero’: Norwich City fans react as it’s revealed seven players, including John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett, won’t have contracts renewed
- Credit: Focus Images
Norwich City sporting director Stuart Webber promised there would be changes to the Canaries' squad this summer and it has begun early with seven players being told their contracts won't be renewed.
John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett were the two surprise names to be told they won't form part of the club's revival next season.
City had options on both players to renew their deals but they have decided they can pursue better value elsewhere.
Many fans will be glad to see the back of the other five players after an underwhelming campaign, which ultimately cost Alex Neil his job.
Sebastien Bassong, Michael Turner, Steven Whittaker, Youssouf Mulumbu and Kyle Lafferty have all been deemed surplus to requirements.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the club also revealed that both Harry Toffolo and Declan Rudd have had their contracts extended by a year.
Toffolo has been on loan at Scunthorpe this season whilst Rudd has been in impressive form for Charlton.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named