‘Stuart Webber is becoming more and more of a hero’: Norwich City fans react as it’s revealed seven players, including John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett, won’t have contracts renewed
- Credit: Focus Images
Norwich City sporting director Stuart Webber promised there would be changes to the Canaries' squad this summer and it has begun early with seven players being told their contracts won't be renewed.
John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett were the two surprise names to be told they won't form part of the club's revival next season.
City had options on both players to renew their deals but they have decided they can pursue better value elsewhere.
Many fans will be glad to see the back of the other five players after an underwhelming campaign, which ultimately cost Alex Neil his job.
Sebastien Bassong, Michael Turner, Steven Whittaker, Youssouf Mulumbu and Kyle Lafferty have all been deemed surplus to requirements.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the club also revealed that both Harry Toffolo and Declan Rudd have had their contracts extended by a year.
Toffolo has been on loan at Scunthorpe this season whilst Rudd has been in impressive form for Charlton.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 8 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls