Stoke reportedly eyeing swoop for Norwich City’s Anthony Pilkington
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Stoke City are lining up a summer move for Norwich City winger Anthony Pilkington, according to the Irish Independent.
Manager Tony Pulis is reported to be a long-term admirer of Pilkington and tried to sign him from Huddersfield in 2011, when the Canaries successfully swooped for his services.
The former Republic of Ireland Under-21 international signed a three-year deal with an option for a further year when he arrived at Carrow Road.
Stoke have suffered in the wide department this season and would be in a position to offer a lucrative deal with Jermaine Pennant on the way out and Matthew Etherington struggling with his fitness this term.
Jon Walters has been pressed into action as an auxiliary wide man for large parts of this campaign. Pilkington is said to fit the profile of player that Pulis is looking for, particularly as he is good in the air and effective from set-pieces.
Pilkington made a late appearance as a substitute at the Britannia Stadium when the Canaries went down 1-0 on Saturday.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?
- 10 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe