Stat attack: West Brom v Norwich City
Wes Hoolahan's goal last weekend was a timely reminder of just how important the Irish midfielder has been for Norwich City this year. According to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index he's successfully completed 312 passes in the opponent's half.
Bradley Johnson is well known for his combative nature and it is undoubtedly an integral part of his game and the value he brings to Norwich. However, one can imagine Chris Hughton asking him to tighten up some of his challenges given that he has so far conceded fouls on 37 occasions this season, at a rate of one every 42.6 minutes, and has only won 48 per cent of his 60 challenges.
Robert Snodgrass has certainly been willing to try his luck in front of goal this season and has established a solid accuracy rate to complement it. His 59% accuracy rate is the third highest in the Norwich squad.
Romelu Lukaku continues to mature at West Brom and his time at The Hawthorns may prove instrumental in his development when he looks back at his career. The young powerhouse has a shot accuracy rate of 80 per cent and has one of the highest goals to minutes played ratios in the league, according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, netting once every 127.8 minutes this season.
Many Baggies fans will no doubt agree that Claudio Yacob has been one of the unsung heroes of West Brom's fantastic early season form. The combative midfielder has made 115 defensive contributions this season at a rate of one every 11.5 minutes, and has successfully completed 220 passes in the opponent's half.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 8 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 9 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women