Stat Attack: Norwich City v Manchester United
Sebastien Bassong has divided opinion throughout his career, but looks to be back to his best with Norwich City.
City have conceded just one goal in the past four Premier League games and he has appeared in each of them. Defender Bassong made eight clearances against Reading, the joint second highest by a player in a single match this season, adding to his tally of 24 in the campaign so far.
Wes Hoolahan marked his return to the international scene with the Republic of Ireland by topping the chart for ground covered against Reading with 6.77 miles, the third highest by a Norwich player all season.
Norwich will need to beware the trademark Manchester United sucker punch, should they find themselves leading tomorrow. Javier Hernandez has made a habit of coming off the bench to rescue United this season. Hernandez has the best minutes per goal contribution – a goal or assist – in the Premier League this season, contributing a goal or assist every 39 minutes 48 seconds he has been on the pitch. His goals have come at a rate of one every 59 minutes 45 seconds, the best in the league.
Rafael da Silva has come of age in an attacking sense this season, completing 241 passes in his opponents' half, second only to Leighton Baines among defenders in the EA Sports Player Performance Index. However, he may want to sharpen up his tackling, as he has come away with the ball after just 57 per cent of his 30 tackles this season, displaying the defensive frailty exposed by Aston Villa last Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards