Stat Attack: Liverpool v Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Robert Snodgrass continues to carve out opportunities for his Norwich City team-mates, delivering 83 crosses in the Premier League this season, yet he has managed to register only four assists, something he will be looking to improve on tomorrow.
Midfielder Bradley Johnson will need to be careful against a Liverpool midfield starting to play some expressive football in the middle of the park. Johnson remains near the top of the EA Sports Player Performance Index for fouls committed, his 39 placing him fourth.
Despite impressing largely through his defensive efforts, Sébastien Bassong has certainly found time to contribute at the other end of the park. He has an excellent shot-to-goal ratio of 3.6 from 11 attempts so far this season. The Cameroon international knows where his priorities are, though. No Norwich player has assisted more defensively than him this season according to the Player Performance Index, with 156 positive defensive contributions.
Liverpool will as ever be looking to Luis Suarez to propel them towards three points. The Uruguayan may be slightly wasteful with some of his chances in front of goal, boasting a 59 per cent accuracy rate from 114 attempted shots, but he has scored once from every 7.6 of those attempts on goal. He is second only to Robin van Persie in terms of his statistical effect on games. He has notched up a combined 20 goals and assists.
Glen Johnson remains the top defender in the Liverpool squad according to the EA Sports Player Performance Index this week. The England full-back has won 40 tackles this season, giving him a solid 71.4 per cent success rate.
His young teammate Andre Wisdom is obviously learning a few things from Johnson and has been justifying the new long-term deal he signed recently by also establishing a 71.4 per cent success rate from 21 attempted challenges.
Fellow young tyro Raheem Sterling has also been making quite the impression in his debut season in the Premier League. The pacy winger sits third on the EA Sports Player Performance Index for dribbles with 30, as well as whipping in 34 crosses and notching 4 assists.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 3 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 5 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 8 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 9 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 10 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles