STARTING XIs: Three changes for City against Arsenal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Angus Gunn is one of three players coming into the Norwich City starting XI against Arsenal this afternoon, making his first Premier League appearance in over 10 years.
With Tim Krul revealing he had tested positive for Covid-19 on Christmas Day, Gunn makes his first Premier League appearance since returning to City, having played two League Cup appearances earlier in the campaign.
The 25-year-old Canaries academy product made his last top-flight appearance in October 2019, as Southampton were thrashed 9-0 by Leicester, but did make 15 Championship appearances for Stoke last season.
Josh Sargent comes in on the left wing in place of Todd Cantwell and Kieran Dowell replaces Jacob Sorensen in midfield, with the hosts appearing to match up to the 4-2-3-1 formation of the fourth-placed Gunners.
Michael McGovern in the replacements keeper and both Sorensen and Cantwell are on the bench, with Pierre Lees-Melou and Christos Tzolis back on the bench after their own Covid-19 issues.
Arsenal revert to the team that won 4-1 at Leeds last weekend, having made nine changes as they thrashed Sunderland in the League Cup on Tuesday.
Their only change is at right-back with Rob Holding replacing Japan international Takehiro Tomiyasu, with striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang remaining out of the team after being stripped of the captaincy due to a disciplinary issue.
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 4 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 5 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 6 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 7 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 8 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 9 Shock as Ukrainian solidarity flags daubed with Nazi swastikas
- 10 Councillors quit Conservative group over multi-million-pound building move
Tomiyasu, Cedric Soares and Ainsley Maitland-Niles are all missing due to positive Covid-19 tests.
Norwich are without six players through injury, with Lukas Rupp's issue not explained and Milot Rashica hoping to return from his groin injury at Leicester on New Year's Day.
Centre-backs Grant Hanley (shoulder), Andrew Omobamidele (back) and Christoph Zimmermann are all looking to return next month but it's not clear yet if midfielder Mathias Normann will be back before February after surgery on his pelvis problem.
- You can watch the team news as it broke live with our reporters in the video above
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Gunn; Aarons, Kabak, Gibson (C), Williams; Gilmour, McLean; Placheta, Dowell, Sargent; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Sorensen, Byram, Mumba, Giannoulis, Lees-Melou, Cantwell, Tzolis, Idah
ARSENAL (4-2-3-1): Ramsdale; Holding, White, Gabriel, Tierney; Partey, Xhaka; Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli; Lacazette (C). Subs: Leno (GK), Mari, Lakonga, Tavares, Smith Rowe, Elneny, Pepe, Nketiah, Patino
REFEREE: Graham Scott
VAR: Lee Mason
- Pink Un+ subscribers can follow the game and send their questions and comments in our NCFC Live blog