Sports Desk raise more than �1,000 for Movember
With the end of Movember approaching, nine members of the Archant Norfolk Sports Desk, including Norwich City columnist David Powles, have raised more than �1,000, and counting.
Movember involves growing a moustache throughout the month of November, the aim of which is to raise funds and awareness for men's health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men.
Those sporting a hairy top lip include Head of Sport Chris Lakey, team captain Peter Raven, Phil Banyard, Matt Chambers, Michael Bailey, Mark Armstrong, Milton Lindsay, David Thorpe and honorary sports desk member David Powles.
Peter Raven said: 'At the start of the month we expected to raise no more than �500 but to have doubled that is a magnificent effort from all involved. It's safe to say all of us - with the exception of Milton Lindsay who wants to keep warm over winter - are looking forward to getting the razors out. Many thanks to all those generous types out there who donated.'
Chris Lakey added: 'I would rather walk to Cromer and back over hot coals than grow this again, but it was worth it in the end raising so much money for a good cause.'
You may also want to watch:
Phil Banyard warned: 'If I have learnt one thing, it's not to have a cold and have to repeatedly blow your nose while you're growing a moustache. Not pleasant.'
• Even though we've reached the end of the month you can still donate at mobro.co/sportsdesk (or click the link on the top-right of this page) and click on the 'Donate to Team' button on the left-hand side under the profile picture.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit