Sponsor of new Norwich City kit revealed
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Aviva will continue to be Norwich City's main sponsor for a further year, the club announced on Thursday, which will see the Aviva Community Fund logo on the team shirts for the 2016/17 season.
The deal announced today is an extension of the three-year Community Partnership between Aviva and the Canaries which begins at the start of the 2016/17 season.
The Aviva Community Fund offers support and funding for causes across the UK.
Lindsay Forster, Aviva's customer marketing director, said: 'We are delighted to be able to extend the main club sponsorship with Norwich City FC and have the Aviva Community Fund proudly displayed on the club's shirts next season.
'The Aviva Community Fund helped over 400 local community groups across the UK last year, and it will be bigger and better this year with the help of the Norwich City sponsorship.
'The partnership has been a fantastic experience for us, our customers and our employees and we're really glad to be able to extend it through our continued work in the community.'
Steve Stone, Norwich City's Interim Chief Executive, added: 'We are delighted to be embarking on a record ninth year with Aviva as our main Club sponsors.
- 1 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 4 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 5 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 6 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 7 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 8 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 9 Highways bosses reveal when A47 dualling work will start
- 10 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth
'Having concluded an extensive period of negotiations regarding the sponsorship, it became clear that this was the best fit for the Football Club.
'It provides continuity with a brand well-known both locally and in the global market place, as well as one that shares our community-minded objectives.
'We were already looking forward to working with Aviva as our official Community Partner during this season and the continuation of the main sponsorship also helps us again profile the work of the Aviva Community Fund, which has supported hundreds of good causes both locally and across the country.'
Details on the official launch of the 2016/17 home kit will be released in due course.